It may look like pumpkin soup, but I assure you that it does not contain pumpkin at all. Not even an itty bitty cube! This assurance goes out to all the big and small pumpkin haters out there (I know a big one myself ;).
Carrots and sweet potatoes are the sources of the bright orange color of this soup. The two vegetables not only make a harmonious pair in terms of color but also in terms of taste thanks to their mild sweetness. In this recipe, they are pureed with coconut milk into a creamy, thick, and filling soup. A little curry powder and some ginger provide a welcome spiciness and earthy flavor.
All in all: Just a few ingredients, little to do, and a heavenly yummy result. Indeed a recipe to my taste!
|Creamy Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup|| |
- 1 kg carrots
- 600 g sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 l water
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- A handful of sunflower seeds (not roasted)
- A handful of cilantro leaves
- Peel the carrots and sweet potatoes, and cut them into large cubes.
- Roast the cubes in coconut oil until they are fragrant.
- Add water, coconut milk, curry powder and grated ginger, and cook on medium heat until the carrots and sweet potatoes are soft.
- Puree the soup, and add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Distribute the soup among soup bowls and serve topped with sunflower seeds and cilantro leaves.